Whether you’ve just had a great time at your first destination and are now ready to move on to the next, or your holiday has come to an end and you’re packing up ready to come home, you will need to prepare your motorhome so that everything has been emptied and stowed away and that it is safe to drive.
Here is a list of all the things you may need to do before you head off with your motorhome:
Setting off checklist
Gas Supply – You must make sure that you turn the gas off at the cylinder
Electric Supply – Un-couple the electricity supply cable from the side of the motorhome and stow away
Waste Water Tank – Empty the waste-water in an appropriate place
Toilet Cassette – Empty the toilet cassette at a designated disposal point
Fridge – Switch the fridge power source to 12v
Water Heater – Turn the water heater off
Windows, Roof Lights & Doors – Check that all windows and roof lights are closed and locked, internal doors and cupboards are securely closed and locked, loads are safely secured and the habitation door is shut & locked.
TV Aerial – Ensure that the TV aerial is down and locked in position
TV – Remove from bracket and stow away in the bag provided
Chocks (Levelling blocks) – Remove any chocks you may have used to level the vehicle and stow away
Final Check – Pull clear of the pitch and check the area for anything left behind
Before returning your motorhome to us we would be grateful if you could ensure that the following items have been addressed:
- Return the motorhome to us no later than the time stated on your rental agreement to avoid a Late Return Charge
- Return your motorhome to our workshop and not the office.
- Ensure that the motorhome has been cleaned throughout
- Please dispose of your rubbish before returning to LandCruise
- Empty and rinse out the toilet waste cassette leaving empty
- Empty the grey waste water tank
- Fill the fuel tank with Diesel at a garage local to LandCruise. Fuel shortages will be charged for.
Now plug in your iPod (other MP3 players are available) and enjoy your drive!